skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Back to the Daily Grind
So it’s been a few days since I’ve posted…sorry about that. I’ve also worked about 45 hrs since then, and between that and trying to get re-adjusted to working the day shift again, I just haven’t had time to post. As you know, my dad came home on Wednesday, a week after his surgery. I had the rest of Thursday off after I left the hospital the morning of my last night shift, so I had Thursday afternoon and evening to visit with my parents and my aunt Cindi who had driven in from Cincinnati that day. It was so nice to be at home and not at the Heart Hospital, and I could tell my dad was even more grateful for that. Don’t get me wrong, the Heart Hospital was very nice, but there’s no place like home.
He was getting around pretty well, and since then, he’s gotten a little better every day. His appetite is for the most part back to normal, and he especially likes having my mom’s cooking again instead of the hospital food. Each day, he does more and more walking around the house, and yesterday, he attempted stairs, so he’s making great progress! Hopefully the weather will warm up and stay warm, so he can start walking a little bit outside instead of just around the house.
As for myself, I have switched back to the ICU day shift (6:45am-5:45pm), and am very glad to be done with ICU nights forever! After today, I only have 13 more shifts in the ICU, not that I’m counting or anything.
As family medicine residents, we aren’t required to be one of the supervising residents in the ICU, so I will be done with it after this month. Working in the ICU is not my cup of tea–the patients are really sick, there are a lot of procedures, and it’s just not my thing. I’m glad that there are people that love it enough to do it for their career because we certainly want people like that to take care of us if we get sick!
I only have a little over an hour left today till I go home for the night, and tonight, TJ and I are going over to my parents for dinner. I’m giving my mom a little break and am bringing pot roast over that’s been cooking all day in the Crock Pot (yum!). I don’t have to work tomorrow (yay for a day off!), so we’ll be able to relax a little bit over there which will be nice. I don’t have any major plans for tomorrow, but whatever I do should probably include a trip to the gym, some laundry, and some major cleaning!
Hope you all had a great weekend!
site design by designer blogs
No comments:
Post a Comment