Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My First Mother's Day

On Sunday, I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day. Even though my baby isn't here yet, I'm still a Mom. I remember how I felt last year on Mother's Day...it was a great day, but it was bittersweet because I should have been about 6 weeks away from meeting our first little one.

However, this year, all I felt was happiness. My heart was bursting with love. Don't get me wrong, I definitely still thought about my first baby {hardly a day goes by when I don't}, but there was no room for sadness. It was all in God's plan...if I hadn't miscarried our first, then we wouldn't be weeks away from meeting our sweet Liam. And that thought breaks my heart.

Sunday started early with having to say good-bye to three of my best friends. {That was my least favorite part of the day.} But they didn't leave without first giving me a sweet Mother's Day card and flowers. Really, they're some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I miss them so much already and can't wait till we're all together again.


A little bit later, TJ and I met my parents, my grandma, his mom, grandma, sister, brother-in-law, and aunt for brunch at one of our favorite places. Brunch was delicious as always {I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there}, but the company was even better. TJ's mom surprised me with a gift from Liam...a really sweet card, a mug, and a measuring tape for the wall so we can mark how tall he gets over the years.


me and my mama

TJ with his grandma and mom

me and TJ with our moms

We spent the afternoon going through our shower gifts, then went to church before eating shower leftovers for dinner. Once TJ and I got home for the night, he not only surprised me with a Mother's Day card from him, but also one from Liam. It was seriously one of the sweetest things he's ever done for me...I had tears in my eyes as soon as I saw the card addressed to "Mommy."


All in all, it was a fantastic day to top off an amazing weekend. I went to bed Sunday night feeling so happy and so incredibly blessed.

I'm a lucky, lucky girl.


 
site design by designer blogs