Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Liam Grows {1 week}

1 Week
{as of 6.20.13}



Weight:
At Liam's weight check last week, he was 7lb 4.8oz. He was 7lb 9oz at birth, then went down to 7lb 3oz at hospital discharge, so he's definitely on his way back up. We have another appointment for a weight check this week, and I suspect that he will have passed his birth weight...he's eating like a champ!

Clothes:
All newborn clothes and newborn diapers....He's such a little peanut!

Health:
Great! He's had a newborn rash since he was in the hospital, and I think it's starting to fade...yay!

Diet:
100% Mama's milk! I have been very lucky with breastfeeding, and he's been a great eater since the beginning. During the first 24 hours, I got a little nervous because he would latch and then just look around without eating very much, but all of the sudden, something clicked and he's been awesome ever since. Now, he nurses for about 10-15 minutes {sometimes up to 20 minutes} every 2-3 hours. Since my milk has come in, a lot of times he'll only eat on one side before falling asleep. This was difficult for the first couple of days because it didn't help with the engorgement I was already feeling. Thankfully, things have started to even out, and it hasn't been too bad in the last day or so. I did start pumping during this time, and I'm happy to say that I'm already building up a little supply. I think we'll try giving him a bottle sometime in the next week.

Sleep:
Nighttime has been the most challenging thing over the last week. Liam does great during the day, eating then taking naps every 2-3 hours. For the first couple nights we were home, he would be wide awake in the early morning hours, even after feeding him. TJ was a lifesaver during those hours because he was able to calm Liam down when I couldn't. It also let me shut my already exhausted eyes for a little bit. The other thing that made nighttime challenging was a couple of nights when he would only go 1.5 hours between feedings, meaning that I got 45 minutes of sleep at a time...tops. Thankfully, this too only lasted a couple of nights, and I'm hoping that we are getting closer to the time when we can start getting him on a schedule.

Baby Gear Love:
The Fisher-Price Rock n Play sleeper {we use this for naps during the day}, his crib {at nighttime}, the Motorola 3.5" video monitor, the Britax B-Agile carseat and stroller, SwaddleMe swaddles for nighttime, Aden + Anais burpy bibs and swaddle blankets...these are seriously the best blankets in the summer heat!

Likes:
His hands {we can't do a real swaddle because he has to have his hands by his face}, breastfeeding, being held, and riding in the car {I am beyond thrilled that he does great in the car!!!}

Dislikes:
Diaper changes and changing his clothes {he hates it when we have to put stuff over his head}.

Milestones:

 First car ride {riding home from the hospital}

First {sponge} bath

First doctor's appointment {he did great and didn't let out a peep!}

First lunchtime outing with mom and Grandma

Newborn pictures!

First walk with Mommy and Daddy

Postpartum:
I'm happy to say that at 1 week postpartum, I'm feeling great. My pain from the time of delivery has been minimal {I've only taken Naproxen for cramping}, and I'm feeling much more like my normal self. It's definitely kind of nice to not be pregnant anymore...our first night home when I got into bed, I was like, man, I haven't felt this comfortable in bed in a very long time! {Too bad I didn't get to sleep much!} I'm also happy to say that the weight has been coming off nicely. I ended up gaining about 40lbs during pregnancy {yikes}, and as of the 1 week mark, I'm down 22lbs {even more by the time this posts}. I know that as I get more active with walking, this will help even more. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back into shape...even better shape than before I got pregnant!

1 week postpartum

I haven't been able to stop taking pictures of my little man over the past week, and I just have to share some of my favorites...enjoy!











Happy 1 Week little buddy! Mommy and Daddy love you!!!

6 comments:

Emily said...

So cute, I seriously love the pictures-don't stop taking them!! :)

Brianna Tucker said...

Gah hes so freaking cute and tiny!

Kristin said...

He is so tiny yet has the cutest little chubby cheeks! :) You have every right to be in love with him and take so many pictures.

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

He is adorable! Glad everything is going well!

Nat said...

What a little peanut!! I cannot get over that hair. It sounds like things are going really well for you all and you look great- woohoo on down 22lbs since birth!

Angela said...

He is adorable! Love the pictures! :)

 
site design by designer blogs