Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Baby Shower

Several weekends ago, I had one of the best weekends I've had in a long time....my baby shower. I was so excited about it as it grew closer, and the weekend only surpassed all my expectations. Of course I enjoyed getting so many wonderful presents for my sweet little boy, but that was just the beginning. What made the weekend truly amazing was the people...family and friends from all different times in my life, all in one place to celebrate Liam.

The weekend fun started on Friday night with a text from my college friends {the 4 of us are sorority sisters and we lived together junior and senior year} saying they were on their way. I knew they were coming for the weekend, but I didn't think they were coming till Saturday. Mind you, one lives in New Orleans, one in Little Rock, and the other in Lexington, KY, so the two from far away flew into Louisville, KY, then my friend in Lexington picked them up on their way to Indy. When I got their text, I called them, and sure enough, they were about an hour away from Indy! I was sooo excited to have an extra night with them...we hadn't all been together since April of 2011! Even though we were all exhausted, we stayed up way to late, just chatting and drinking {well, the two of us that aren't pregnant}...it was seriously amazing. I went to bed that night with my heart already so full...and the weekend had barely begun.

L-R: Alex, me, Amy, Robyn

a little love for us preggos...Amy is due with her 2nd, a little girl, 2 months after Liam!

On Saturday morning, after breakfast with the girls at my house, we ventured over to my parents' house to help my mom with the last minute details. My mom went with a car theme for the shower, since I come from a car family, and Liam's room has sort of a vintage car theme to it. She went all out, and everything was beautiful!


right inside the front door


some of the presents...you can't really see it well, but that trunk is the same trunk that my great grandmother, Emma, brought from Germany when she immigrated here in the early 1900s. All her belongings were in there! I loved how my mom incorporated this!

my mom decorated the shelf with stuff from our childhoods...the Raggedy Ann and Andy were TJ's, as well as the blanket. The rocking horse was ours, and that little sailor suit was my brother's that my mom made! I'm sure we'll have to put Liam in it when he's big enough!


you can never have too many books!





Some of the food... {everything was delicious!!!}









My mom and I were so happy with how the cake turned out, plus it was very good!





The favors...macaroons!

Of course, what shower is complete without presents? There were tons of them, and I am so thankful for all of our friends and family that were so generous!!!





my mom finally gave me the onesie we bought YEARS ago...like, so long ago that I can't remember when...maybe even before we got married {my dad has a Porsche and he already can't wait till he can take Liam for a ride}

me with TJ's aunt, sister, grandma, and mom

me and some of my high school besties

Our old next door neighbors {the ones we visited when in Normandy last summer} with my friend Amy's little cutie, Leo

another picture of Leo because he's so darn cute :)

And just when I thought things couldn't get any better, my mom surprised me big time...


She took the cracked base frame piece from when we first got our crib {they sent a replacement piece}, and made it into what will be a play table for when Liam is older. She painted cars around the perimeter of the frame, then had everyone at the shower sign their names on a car with where they are from. I was really touched by this, and shed my first tears of the day. At least I made it till the end of the shower!!




EVERYONE!

It was such a great day, topped off with a wonderful dinner out with our friends before celebrating my first Mother's Day the next day. It was a perfect weekend!


6 comments:

Emily said...

What a beautiful shower! I love all the decorations and the table is wonderful. You will treasure that for a long time...way longer than Liam will enjoy playing with it! :) I picture it being at his high school graduation party! :)

Greta said...

Your mama did an amazing job - love all the little details!

Emily said...

Wow, what a special weekend! How sweet is that table?! I'm sure it's something you will treasure forever.

Nat said...

The details of your shower were amazing! I cannot get over the table!! Oh my gosh your mom was so sweet to make that table- did you cry when you saw it? I know I would have. Liam is going to love it. Its something you will cherish forever! Looks like such a great day.

Hannah said...

what a lovely shower!! The food looks so delicious and the cake is so cute! I wish I could make something as cute as that! Enjoy this time as you continue to prepare for Liam :)

Callie said...

Oh, it looks like it was a beautiful shower!

 
site design by designer blogs