Friday, July 6, 2012

I'm Overheating!

Seriously, people. A heat index of 108 is not normal.


Ugh, it is SO HOT here.

On a happier note, I had my shellac french manicure removed today, and I got a much more fun color in it's place. 


I had been wanting to try a green or blue on my nails for awhile, but I didn't want to do that for our Europe trip {plus the shellac polish doesn't come in a huge variety of colors}. Since I don't have to work for the next couple of weeks, I felt like today was the time to give it a go! I think I like it!

I ran a few errands after my manicure, including stopping at Micheal's for a few things. I have been wanting to change one of our shelves of our Pottery Barn organization station in our kitchen, and I had the brilliant idea of using 3 small vases in place of our check book and other random things that previously sat in their place.




I love the pop of color it adds to the kitchen, and the best part? They were only $1.99 apiece! 

Sorry for the randomness today. I think the heat has gotten to me. Oh, and maybe I feel like being lazy after the 7 loads of laundry I did yesterday...one of the really not fun parts about coming home from vacation. Not much on our schedule for this weekend...and I'm cool with that! Hope y'all have a good one!

xo, emily

5 comments:

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Love the mani!!!!

My-cliffnotes said...

Yeah that's too hot, but what a great find, I love the color of the flowers. Great idea!

Tab

Kristin said...

wow, that is hot! its going to be 99 tomorrow where i am but i'll be inside in the AC all day at work!

Jenn @ Party of One said...

Love random posts :) It was that hot here (Atlanta) last weekend but luckily not quite so bad this weekend. I'm loving the color of your nails! So fun!

henning love said...

i feel you on the heat today, we will be nearing those temps but no humidity. hang in there, hopefully cooler temps are coming your way soon! and i love that new color on your nails such a fun summer color

 
site design by designer blogs