Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: Initial Wreath

I know I'm not alone when I say that I pin more than I make. If you're not on Pinterest, let me explain. It's a virtual pinboard where you can "pin" ideas {i.e. pictures with links to websites}. You can organize everything into different categories, such as recipes, things you want to make, outfit ideas, the possibilities are endless. Spending time on Pinterest is a fabulous way to waste time {thank goodness it wasn't around when I was in college or med school!}

Anyways, a few weeks ago, I decided to finally make something that I pinned. Here was my inspiration...



First, I had to venture over to Micheal's to get some supplies...


Then I laid it all out on our island...


I painted the "S's" a pretty green...



Then I tore apart the hydrangeas and used a glue gun to attach it to the wreath...




Not gonna lie, I was pretty proud of myself...


Next, I glue gunned the "S" to the wreath...




I had some blue ribbon for the bow, but I had to hang it up to see how it looked first...


Drum roll please....




I'm not the craftiest person ever, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I have it hanging on the door out to our little balcony where we have our grill and cafe table. That way, we get to enjoy it more than if it were hanging on our front door.

Stay tuned over the next couple weeks as I try and attempt more Pinterest projects!

xo, emily

4 comments:

Jenn @ Party of One said...

This looks fantastic! I love it :)

Amanda said...

This looks great! I want to do a new wreath soon and this may just be the one :)

Nikki said...

Oh this came out CUTE! My friend made me a wreath based off this pin for my door too!

Lauran {The Real Young Housewife of Southern VA} said...

Looks awesome!!!!!!! Great Job!

 
site design by designer blogs