Wednesday, April 17, 2013

First Day in San Diego

Hello from sunny California! I'm writing this as I sit in one of the sessions at my conference {yes, I'm being bad, but the real sessions don't start till this afternoon} while TJ is out exploring the city.

Yesterday started super early with a 7am flight out of Indy, but the plus side to that was that we got to San Diego a little after 10am local time. After settling into our hotel, we grabbed a quick lunch, then headed off to the zoo. We had a blast walking around looking at all the animals, and I took a ton of pictures that I'll share after we get home {I didn't bring my computer with me, just my iPhone and iPad}. By 5:00, we were EXHAUSTED from getting up so early, traveling across the country, then walking around the zoo all afternoon. I told TJ that I thought Liam had gained a couple pounds over the course of the afternoon because he felt SO heavy by the time we left the zoo. Regardless, we had a great time and I'm so glad we went...if you're ever in San Diego, you should definitely go to the zoo! Apparently it's one of the best in the world!

We got back to the hotel around 5:30 to rest our feet and find somewhere to go for dinner. On the cab ride home, we went past a restaurant that looked really good, and after looking up the menu online and seeing mussels, we decided we had to go. We got cleaned up, then walked about a half mile to Currant American Brasserie. For starters, I got French Onion soup and TJ got a wedge salad. Both were delicious and so was the bread and oil they brought out too. For our main course, we both got les moules frites, or mussels with fries. We were introduced to these last summer during our time in Normandy, and since then, we've tried them at multiple different restaurants. TJ got the mussels with a white wine, tomato, and shallot sauce, and I got the French curry preparation. All I have to say is, wow, those were just as good as the ones we had in Normandy. Absolutely amazing. We loved Currant, and we're both tempted to go back and get them again sometime before we leave next Monday!

After dinner, needless to say, we pretty much crashed as we were both exhausted. It was a great first day in San Diego, and I can't wait to experience more of the city!

And now a few pics from my phone...more to come from my real camera once we get home!













2 comments:

Callie said...

What fun pictures - enjoy your trip!

Nat said...

Looks like its going well so far- that restaurant sounds amazing!

 
site design by designer blogs